Sujan Parita Education Foundation Scholarship Award
$1,500.00 Cash awarded on the basis of student’s financial need, merit and volunteerism
Managed by: Nepal Center of North Carolina (NCNC)
This scholarship was established by Sujan & Parita Education Foundation in 2019. It is awarded annually to “one” student on basis of financial need, merit and volunteerism of student. The award is managed and coordinated by Nepal Center of North Carolina (NCNC) in collaboration with the Foundation. NCNC’s designated committee shall make the selection of applicant based on following criteria and its decision will be final. Every year, the award will be presented at the NCNC’s Dashain Festival ceremony or any other event as it fits better. The amount of the award is $1,500.00.
- Full-time undergraduate student (freshman or sophomore only).
- Currently residing in NC (no requirement of U.S. Resident or Citizen).
- Nepali origin (one of the parents from Nepal).
- U.S. high school graduate.
- Scholarship winner must be present at the ceremony to receive the award.
- Either applicant or the applicant’s parents should have NCNC membership.
Required Documents (submit ONE pdf file inclusive of all required documents listed below):
- Applicant’s certificate of graduation from high school in U.S. with GPA.
- Copy of SAT or ACT scores.
- Letter of admission from the US college or university.
- Copy of financial aid, if any, received from the college or university.
- One page typed essay on “Why should you be awarded this scholarship?”.
- List and detail of volunteer works.
One scholarship award winner will receive:
- Scholarship amount of $1,500.00
- Free NCNC event registration/entrance ticket on award ceremony
- 40% weight given to applicant’s Academic Excellency ( 20%-GPA and 20% to SAT or ACT)
- 30% weight given to Financial criteria ( 15%-Financial Aid and 15% Income)
- 30% weight given to Volunteer work (15%- NCNC and Nepali related and 15%-Others & essay )
Application Deadline: March 31st of every year
Award Decision: April 15th of every year